VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT FOR BETTY’S VINEYARD HOUSE
This Vacation Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) constitutes a contract between “Betty’s Vineyard House LLC” (also referred to as “BVH”) and the “Guest,” whether one or more.
Making the reservation, or signature on this Agreement, or payment of money, or taking possession of the Rental Property after receipt of the Agreement, is evidence of the Guest’s acceptance of the Agreement and intent to use the Rental Property for a vacation rental.
By accepting this Agreement, in any of the manners listed above, the Guest agrees to abide by the following conditions as they pertain to the Rental Property and Rental Period listed below.
1. RENTAL PROPERTY: This Agreement is for the short-term/vacation rental of the “Property” including the house, patio, deck, and surrounding area located at 8425 State Route 127 N in Alto Pass, IL.
2. RENTAL PERIOD: This Agreement is for the dates provided for on the Guest’s online reservation booked indirectly through a third-party booking website (such as Airbnb, VRBO, TripAdvisor, etc.) or directly through bettysvineyardhouse.com. Check-in time is 3 p.m. and check-out time is 11 a.m. unless otherwise specified. BVH will do its best to accommodate early check in and late check out requests, but they are not guaranteed.
3. PAYMENT AND RENTAL AGREEMENT: This Agreement is acknowledged and accepted upon receipt of the initial payment. Betty’s Vineyard House LLC requires full payment, made by credit or debit card, on confirmation of booking, unless otherwise negotiated or arranged through a third-party booking website. Payment may also be made via PayPal. The Guest agrees to not claim any chargebacks or credits from the Guest’s credit card company for any fees charged to the Guest’s credit card including, but not limited to, booking or deposits.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT: A security deposit (credit card authorization) will be collected through the third-party booking website at the time of booking. The security deposit will be refunded after departure and inspection of the rental. Credit card authorizations are released by the third-party booking website after check out, but credit availability is subject to individual credit card companies and may vary. The Guest must leave Property in the same condition as upon arrival. Any damage beyond normal wear and tear, housekeeping service, or trash removal incurred to the Property during the duration of this Agreement will be photographed and may be charged to the security deposit. This includes, but is not limited to, extraordinary cleaning requirements, repairs to furniture and/or appliances, and any missing or damaged property.
5. CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellation prior to 14 days before the date of the reservation is subject to forfeiture of 50% of the initial deposit. Cancellation within less than 14 days before the date of reservation will result in forfeiture of the entire rental rate. However, if the Property is re-rented for all or part of the time cancelled, any retained rent or deposits shall be refunded, up to the net amount paid to Betty’s Vineyard House by the new Guest.
6. EARLY DEPARTURES: There are no refunds for early departures. This includes departures due to inclement weather, illness or any other reason. The Guest is financially responsible for the entire booking once the reservation has been made.
7. MINIMUM AGE: The minimum age required to make the Guest reservation is 21 years old. Parents or guardians renting for children under the age of 21 without accompanying them is not allowed.
8. BREACH: If the Guest or any member of their party violates any terms or conditions of this Agreement, BVH may terminate this Agreement, and the Guest shall be subject to eviction and shall be subject to forfeiture of total payments for any days remaining under lease term. Any security deposit will be handled in accordance with paragraph 4 above.
9. WEATHER AND SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES: We recommend the purchase of vacation travel insurance at Guest’s expense that may protect against unforeseen weather events, involuntary unemployment, family sickness or death, trip interruption or other special circumstances.
10. UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY: In the event the Property is not available for use during the rental term due to reasons, events or circumstances beyond the control of Betty’s Vineyard House LLC, BVH will apply due diligence and good faith efforts to locate a replacement property that equals or exceeds the Property with respect to occupancy capacity, location and value that meets the reasonable satisfaction of the Guest. If such replacement property cannot be found and made available, BVH shall immediately return all payments made by the Guest, whereupon this Agreement shall be terminated and there are no further obligations or liabilities by either party in any manner pertaining to this Agreement.
11. NUMBER OF GUESTS: The number of occupants allowed for the Property is based upon the number of beds (including sofa sleeper), with 2 persons per bed, plus the Pack ‘N Play for 1 child. This number includes both adults and children. Any additional Guests beyond this number (using own air mattresses, etc.) must be authorized by BVH. In cases of unauthorized number of persons, BVH reserves the right to ask for immediate decrease in occupancy to continue the stay or to have the Property vacated with no refund.
12. REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE: The Guest must notify a representative of Betty’s Vineyard House LLC as soon as possible if there are any problems with the Property. BVH will make every effort to rectify any problem in a timely manner. Upon reasonable notice, BVH representatives or repair professionals authorized by BVH will have the right to enter the Property at reasonable hours and times to inspect the premises or make repairs or alterations. If BVH is unable to secure timely repair after being notified, BVH reserves the right to move Guests to comparable accommodations with no rate reductions.
13. ENTRY AND INSPECTION: Betty’s Vineyard House LLC and its representatives reserve the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the Property or showing the Property to prospective purchasers, renters or other authorized persons. If BVH has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, representatives of BVH may enter the Property without advanced notice.
14. PETS: Pets are not allowed on the Property without prior approval from BVH. Pet fees and deposits may be required.
15. SMOKING: Smoking is strictly prohibited in any indoor area of the Property. If this policy is violated, the Guest’s security deposit will be forfeited. Smokers may use the exterior deck, patio, or other outdoor areas. All cigarette and cigar butts, ash, or waste must be disposed of safely in the garbage and not thrown on the deck, patio, or surrounding property.
16. INTERNET AND TELEVISION: BVH provides complimentary satellite Wi-Fi throughout the property and complimentary Netflix service through a streaming DVD/Blu-ray player, but BVH provides no guarantees regarding interruption in service for TV or internet service caused by third-party providers.
17. DECK AND PATIO: There are deck and patio areas and equipment (including electric grill and fire pit) that may pose a hazard to children or others. BVH is not responsible for any injuries or death that may occur in, or around these areas or equipment. Do not leave children unattended in these areas.
18. KEYCODE: The Guest is issued a keycode for access to the house prior to check in. Sharing the keycode with anyone outside of those staying for the duration of the reservation is prohibited.
19. LOST ITEMS: BVH is not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced items. However, if notified and/or found within a reasonable amount of time, BVH will ship items using a valid Guest credit or debit card.
20. GARBAGE: Garbage must be deposited in garbage/recycling containers. Please do not leave garbage on deck, patio, or surrounding property other than in appropriate garbage/recycling containers.
21. WAIVER OF LIABILITY, DAMAGES AND INDEMNITY: Guest agrees to indemnify and save Betty’s Vineyard House LLC, Property owner, BVH representatives, employees and agents free and harmless from any claim or liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or in connections with the rental of the Property including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or loss of property which is made, incurred or sustained by the Guest or any Guest visitors. This includes the deck, patio, and any other surrounding areas as well as equipment provided for Guest use. The Guest will assume all responsibility for their party for the risk of using the Property and agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Betty’s Vineyard House LLC or Property owner for accidents or claims arising from use of the Property. Any Guests under 21 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
22. LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES: The parties agree to waive trial by jury in any action between them arising out of or in any way connected with this Agreement or Guest’s use or occupancy of the Property. If Betty’s Vineyard House LLC or Property owner is forced to resort to employment of legal counsel, litigation, or professional collection services in the collection of any amounts due BVH/Property owner under this Agreement, Guest shall be responsible for all costs of litigation and collection including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees if BVH/Property owner prevails in said legal action.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement contains the entire Agreement of the parties and there are no representations, inducement or other provisions other than those expressed in writing as contained herein. No representations, agreements, undertakings or promises whether oral or implied or inferred have been made by either Betty’s Vineyard House LLC or Guest unless expressly stated herein.