Nestled in the rolling hills of the Shawnee National Forest behind the vineyard of Southern Illinois' oldest and most award-winning winery, Betty's Vineyard House is a private, 2 bedroom, 2 full bath home with all the amenities you'll need!
- Take a short stroll through the vineyard to Alto Vineyards winery or down the road to downtown Alto Pass, IL.
- Soak in views of the grape vines while relaxing in rocking chairs on the covered front porch, or gather around the dining table or fire pit on the large back deck facing the natural beauty of the forest.
- This tastefully decorated home includes a fully-equipped kitchen and sleeps at least 6 comfortably with a queen bed in each bedroom and a sofa sleeper in the living room.
- Come stay while celebrating events at Alto Vineyards, spending time in the state and national parks with family, or getting together and enjoying the wine trail with friends!
- Getting married?? Ask about pairing the guest house with your wedding at Alto Vineyards!
We welcome you to make Betty's Vineyard House your home away from home while you experience all the scenic, recreation, dining, winery, brewery, and shopping opportunities the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail and National Forest have to offer!
Betty is our grandmother and the matriarch behind the formation of Alto Vineyards. Together with our grandfather, Guy, she was instrumental in starting the wine and grape industry in Southern Illinois. Her proudest achievement, though, was raising a big, beautiful family of 7 children that has now grown to include 18 grandchildren and 6 (and counting) great-grandchildren. Despite all of the commotion and hassle of caring for—and especially feeding!—such a large family, Betty always welcomed guests into her home. Whether they were Guy’s SIU colleagues, friends of her children, or students and visitors from all over the world, all had a place at the table and were made to feel at home. Betty was a patient, gentle, selfless and generous woman who saw so much beauty in the world and often remarked about how every living thing was extraordinary in its own way.
While you are here visiting, we hope that you are able to relax and experience both the hospitality and the awe of our natural surroundings that Betty shared with those around her every day!